I think it took me a full year after having Presley to accept the fact that my life had changed (forever) and that I needed to adjust and stop looking back. Since then, I've been able to let go of mourning spontaneous dates, extra money, or lazy Saturdays sleeping in. Lately, I've been trying to cherish the other things that are a part of my life now that certainly won't always be there. Some of those moments can be exasperating, but you can't help but see the humor too.
Examples?
-Stumbling over a cheese grater sitting in a mini stroller that has been wedged in front on the toilet.
-Learning that if you say, "Come here, please" that actually means run as fast as you can in the opposite direction and hide.
-Having your toddler dupe you into "one more time" on the slide or "one more book, please" after you already said it was the LAST time.
-Diaper changes turning into a fiasco when your still dirty toddler grabs the diaper out of your hands, jumps up, and runs away while laughing hysterically.
-The moment you look over to realize your kid has run over to the neighbors house and is now knocking on their door and yellling, "KNOCK!", "KNOCK!"
-Snuggling in the bed and reading books at 9am on a weekday - just because you can.
-Finding half a roll of toilet paper unrolled in the trashcan.
-Knowing that bathtime will mean getting just as wet as if you are sitting front row at Shamu in Sea World.
-Singing "Bicycle Built for Two" & "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" as bribes to get your toddler to sit still enough to put on pajamas after bath.
-Asking, "What should we pray for?" And getting in return, "My trike, the slide, Mac, Daddy, Mommy, Dora, Boots, Mickey, Donald Duck, & life jackets" (I know, right?)
And all of those were just this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment