Monday, April 23, 2012

Celebrating Five Years

Blake and I just got back from a long weekend in Phoenix, where we went for our 5th anniversary.  I will just remind you that getting away for three days/nights is a BIG deal.  We are so thankful for Blake's parents who graciously entertained and loved on our daughter while we were away.  I can't remember the last time we had that much time to just think of ourselves and focus on eachother.  It was such a blessing.

Here's a look at what we did!

Thursday: We left at lunch time to head to the airport.  We were trying to take advantage of Blake's job and catch free flights both ways our trip.  I will spare you the gory details, but we just barely made it on the flight Thursday.  There was a lot of back and forth, and a point where we both thought the trip just wouldn't happen.  Then we got on the plane!   I think I may have shed a few tears in relief, but don't tell anyone.  Thursday night we checked out the resort's nicest restaurant - Different Pointe of View.  That meal turned out to be easily one of the top 3 I've ever had in my life.  Also, the view was gorgeous!  After dinner we were practically comatose from eating so much, so we walked around the resort and then turned in early. 



Dinner Thursday Night

Thursday's Dinner View

Friday:  Blake and I no longer have the ability to sleep in, so we were both up by 8am. (Which is 9am in Denver, so it wasn't that terrible I guess.)  We had a huge room service breakfast where we may or may not have polished off an entire bottle of champagne drinking mimosas.  (I felt terrible the rest of the day.  Lesson learned.)  Our resort had several pools, so we spent our day enjoying the best of several of them. See our view below.  It was a tough life.  That night we went to eat in Scottsdale at Cowboy Ciao. (Thanks for the recommendation, Tracy!)  It was a really fun restaurant with very different food.  We tried wild boar meatballs and their chopped salad.  I'm normally a picky eater, so that was brave for me.  Then we went shopping and picked up some Sprinkles cupcakes for dessert!




Blake was tempted to buy this shirt that supported "Dads Against Daughters Dating".


Saturday: EPIC lazy day.  It was great.  We were actually regretting that we had not packed our tennis shoes because there was a hiking trail calling our name.  However, since we had not, we ate another large breakfast and laid by various pools ALL day.  That evening we went to downtown Phoenix.  We ate at a great pizza place called Pizzeria Bianco.  Mario Batali said that they have easily the best pizza in America.  I think we'd agree!  Then we walked around downtown, got frozen yogurt, and turned in early because we had to get up at 4 am on Sunday morning.  That's right, 4AM.  Did I mention how much fun you have when trying to fly for free?




So thankful for my handsome husband.  :)

We had a great trip and we're already planning a Hawaiian getaway for our 10th!



No comments: