Wednesday, July 4, 2012

June

(Sigh)  It has happened again.  I've fallen behind on our blog during a busy and crazy time. A LOT has been going on over the last six weeks in the Stromquist household.  I'm now overwhelmed about the things I'd like to share.  Write five different posts to catch-up?  Or do one sweet post summarizing the craziness that was June?  I'm going to opt for the latter and try to do better moving forward.

BIG THINGS!

1. I am pregnant!  It was a huge shock to us when we found out at the end of April.  The only reason I even took a pregnancy test was that I needed to go on some medication for a terrible allergic reaction I had.  They said if there was any chance at all I could be pregnant then I had to make sure before I took it.  I fully expected it to be negative and I was wrong!  After seeing our beautiful baby on an ultrasound last week, I think it is finally sinking in that we are, indeed, having another child.  I am 14 weeks along now. He/she is due on January 2nd, 2013.  Meet Baby Stromquist!


2. Blake was blessed to have almost 3 weeks off in June.  We went to South Carolina as a family and had a great time! We took Presley took the beach for the first time, went to the lake for Father's Day, saw lots of friends and family, celebrated Presley's 2nd birthday, AND celebrated my best friend's wedding weekend.  Here are just a few pics.






3. Presley got terribly ill our last weekend in South Carolina.  It is so sad and stressful seeing your baby girl feel so bad for so long.  She had a fever for 6 days straight and it took quite a toll on her little body.  We tried to go to the doctor while still in SC, but we had a bad experience and learned nothing new.  I had to bring my poor baby home on the airplane and then take her straight to her pediatrician. (That was NOT a fun day by any means.)  After some tedious testing, we found out she had a UTI and got her on some antibiotics.  It took 3-4 days from when we started the meds, but she is finally her happy self again.  It was a horrible 10 days or so for us as a family and I'm glad we're past it now.

I guess that's the short and sweet version of the last month or so.  Looking forward to the rest of the summer!

No comments: