If you ever wonder what you say a lot then listen to your toddler. Here is what has been coming out of Presley's mouth lately...
"Oh, goodness!"
"Are you ok?"
"Come on!"
"Good morning!"
"It's a mess."
"Be careful."
"Me no like it." (I don't think I'm saying this as much as she is just becoming a really picky eater.)
If you ask her what she would like to eat, she usually says "kwi-kwi" and then "cake". Girl knows what she wants!
Presley is chatting up a storm these days. She is stringing together sentences like, "I want to watch Mickey Mouse" or "Let's go to the playground." Listening to her communicate is usually a joy until she uses that "skill" to express her opinion when she is upset. For instance, yesterday I met someone at a playground so that our kids could play and we could discuss Thirty-One. When I wouldn't play with Presley she started yelling, "Mommy, slide! Mommy do it!" Over... and over... until it was merged in with screaming and crying. Then you get the sympathetic/judgy looks from other moms and you want to hide under a rock. I guess it comes with the territory!
No comments:
Post a Comment