I am blogging about another blog. Is that breaking some sort of blog space rules of engagement? I'm thinking it's not because I am speaking only good things and it's about Jesus. The Big Man would want me to share the love, right?
Today I read the entry below written by Jon Acuff on his blog, "Stuff Christians Like". These words were exactly what I needed to hear. Having recently quit my full-time job to pursue being a mom, wife, and expert on all things Dora the Explorer, I have been struggling with how I should be spending my time. I have had more than a few moments of feeling like I SHOULD be doing one thing or another, only to be then filled with a feeling of dread because... Well, I don't have an urgent desire to knit cardigans for senior citizens or volunteer to do childcare at my church.
But I DO want to glorify God with my time doing that for which He has given me a passion. This is what I am exploring right now and I was thankful to be reminded that the journey to find those things is part of the joy of knowing Christ.
So take a read and be inspired to find what inspires you!
Does God Want You to be Miserable?
No comments:
Post a Comment