Memorial Day weekend I headed home to SC... on my own! No baby and no husband. I was really sad to leave, but also really excited to get some "me" time. Blake did an amazing job taking care of Presley while I was gone, so I may have to do it more often. :) Here's a look at what I did last weekend.
Friday - I spent time with my mom and grandma during the day. That night I headed to a hotel suite downtown for time with my closest girlfriends from high school. We threw a lingerie shower for my friend Amber that is getting married in the fall. We ate good food, drank some margaritas, and stayed up chatting until the wee hours of the morning.
Saturday - We slept really late Saturday morning. I am pretty sure there were double digits in the hour on the clock when I got up. That hasn't happened in YEARS. We ate breakfast, sipped mimosas, and talked about the day. The girls with families in town left to go see their kids. The rest of us went shopping. Then I went to the pool with Delaine and laid out for one glorious hour. After the sham of a spring we've had in Denver, it was amazing to sit out in the hot sun.
Saturday night was my 10 year high school reunion. I will be honest and say I was a little worried it would be awkward seeing people I hadn't seen in a decade. However, I ended up having a great time hanging out with old friends. It was fun to catch up, and it made me sad that I don't live closer to see those friends on a regular basis.
Sunday - We slept in on Sunday again. Most all of the girls went their separate ways at that point... back to real life. :( I did have a great day, though. I had a relaxing afternoon with my mom. Then my brother and his girlfriend came over for dinner. Afterwards, we went to get frozen yogurt at my new favorite place...Yog-hut! It's so fun and extremely tasty. (On a side note, they just opened a place just like this one across the street from my house in Broomfield. Don't worry, we will be there at least once a week this summer.)
Early Monday morning I headed home. I was so excited to see my baby and my hubby. It was a nice break, though. I'm already trying to figure out when we'll do it next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment