Friday, June 3, 2011

11 Months Old


I haven't had a Presley post in awhile!  In fact, she is only two weeks away from being a year old and I still haven't written her 11 month post.  Here is a little of what she has been up to lately:
-Presley got her shoes this month because she started walking in earnest a few weeks ago.  She is ALL over the place now.  It's really fun to watch her gain confidence and discover new things. 
- Along with the walking comes... the falling.  I feel like she is constantly falling and we are constantly comforting our crying little girl.  I guess that comes with the territory of learning to walk, but I wish I could protect her from it somehow.
- If you ask Presley what a duck says she will quack.  (That girl loves to quack.  When she first figured it out, she quacked non-stop for 2 days.  No lie.)  If you ask her what a monkey says, she will say, "Ah-ah-ah".  Too cute.  She also will talk baby talk in "sentences" and she looks at you like "Don't you understand me?"
-We are working on getting Presley away from formula so her bottles are 1/2 milk and 1/2 formula right now.  Fingers crossed that we will be done with formula in a few weeks! (Then we have to get her off of the bottle... but that's a whole other thing.)
- Her favorite foods right now are: blueberries, strawberries, zucchini, hummus, pita, and bananas.  It is so fun introducing her to new things.  We're about done with baby food so that is an exciting step too!
- Presley loves dogs.  When we are on walks and she sees a dog she starts squealing and holding out her arms toward the dog.  It is hilarious.
- Presley loves to open and close things.  She will open and close the tupperware cabinet in the kitchen or the door to our bedroom all day long.  It makes me so nervous because I'm afraid she will smash her fingers so we watch her closely.

Ok, I'll leave it at that... here are some recent pictures...







Blake took this picture the morning after we were up with Presley at 3am for the first time in a long time.  Poor girl was sick with a fever.  I was so tired the next day that I used a baby spoon to eat my cereal and didn't even realize it until a few bites in!




No comments: