Saturday, April 23, 2011

Double Digits!

Presley is now 10 months old.  I feel like she is becoming more like a little girl and less like a baby every day.  It's fun to see her little mind working as she soaks in the world around her.  A little about these days...

- She took her first steps a few weeks ago, but doesn't seem too eager to go from crawling to walking.  She takes more and more steps every day but she usually just sits down and resorts to crawling.  It's faster that way, I guess!
- We had to visit some specialists this month with her and have some unpleasant tests, but we got some encouraging health news... no alpha one deficiency, no bladder/kidney issues, and asthma issues are not as severe as we once thought.  We're on the way to getting her cough under control!
- Her latests "tricks" are lifting up her arms to show that she is "SO BIG", high fiving, hiding her face until you say "where is Presley?", and pushing chairs across the kitchen.
- Favorite foods right now are bananas, ham, whole wheat pita with veggie cream cheese, and - as always - sweet potatoes.
- Presley "talks" constantly.  She says "dad" and that always cracks us up.  I swear I heard her say "ac" to Mac this morning but she has yet to repeat anything in context so I think she is still experimenting with sounds.
- She loves to beat on every surface with her hands.  I actually got her a toy drum to practice her skills.  Maybe she will take after Blake and we'll have two members of our house using our real drum set one day.
- She enjoys playing with Mac even though she has started to get more and more annoyed when he licks her face.  She will crawl toward him and then when he approaches her, she starts smiling and scrambles in the opposite direction.  Hilarious.

More pictures!

These days it is much easier to get a sticker picture this way.  She insists on pulling it off the front of her shirt.

One of her favorite "toys"... the rug.

My most recent favorite pic.

No comments: