Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas 2009! ~

It was a white Christmas!  This was my fourth Christmas in Colorado and it still makes me so excited to see snow around the holidays.  We got about 6-8 inches the day before Christmas Eve and it stayed around!  However, I wouldn't be sad if it melted now.  Having to put on the boots to walk the dog every day does get old and we're finding more and more yellow snow on our route.  Yuck!

Anyways, Blake was able to be home for Christmas Eve and Christmas this year.  We went to church with his family on Christmas Eve and then went to his grandparents for a fabulous dinner.  We both say that it's our favorite meal of the year.  (Too bad pregnancy is still keeping me from enjoying food, but I did have a little bit.)  Blake received one of his cousin's notoriously duct tape wrapped gifts and I got my first maternity shirt!

Blake and I spent Christmas morning being entertained by our dog and his new toy.  (Yes - you can tell we don't have children yet.)  Mac loved his new alligator and we took way too many pictures.



Later that day we went to the farm to enjoy appetizers, soup, and the joy of watching our niece and nephew go crazy with their Christmas toys.  As you can see, Jacob couldn't figure out how to show off his new pillow and show is face at the same time.  AND our new nephew, Mason, enjoyed his first Christmas.  Well, mostly he slept but it was fun to have a baby around.
           I was exhausted and not feeling great, so I don't think I was that much fun over the holiday.  Blake was a good sport, though I'm sure he was thinking, "you're taking ANOTHER nap?!"   It will all be worth it when we have our own little one next year.  Mac will have to share the spotlight on Christmas morning.  :)


No comments: