Monday, December 21, 2009

And... we're back!

I can't believe it has been nearly 3 months since I have added to our blog.  We had laptop malfunction issues and I was enduring the 1st trimester of my pregnancy.  I didn't have energy to do much besides sleep, work, try to eat, repeat.  Anyways, here is a short update for the Stromquists since October.

The most obvious - I'm pregnant!  I am 14 weeks along at this point.  I seem to be experiencing some of the relief of the 2nd trimester.  Exhaustion is still the word of the day, but nausea and indigestion seem to be subsiding a bit.  I'm so excited to be able to enjoy food again... just in time for Christmas!  Our little one is due June 22, 2010.  We can't wait to meet him/her.  Here is a picture of me at 13 wks.  I'm just barely showing.  Others may not notice, but my jeans do!


Back in October we had a huge blizzard that amounted to about 20 inches of snow in our backyard!  Of course, Blake was working in California those days so I had the pleasure of shoveling the driveway, etc.  Since then we have had a few other minor snow storms and I have gotten really good with the snow shovel. Not bad for a pregnant southern girl!

Blake and I were able to travel to SC for Thanksgiving week.  It was such a blessing to spend time with family and friends.  Blake tried Beaufort stew for the first time.  (While we were at the beach in Beaufort!)  I was able to reclaim my southern twang.  We stayed at a beautiful beach house with my family.  Below is a picture from the back porch at the house.  Not a bad way to spend Thanksgiving!




Blake has spent most of December re-tiling a large portion of our first floor. The original floor was a cracked up mess and desperately needed replacing. I don't know if that sounds easy, but I assure you, it was a task!  The demo and mess nearly gave my OCD self a heart attack. However, Blake did a great job and he worked really hard.  It was a huge project and we're glad to have it done.

By some miracle, Blake is off of work for the 24th-26th of December.  We are looking forward to getting to spend Christmas together too!  While Great Lakes has provided a much needed pay check, we are hoping that Blake will be back with Frontier sometime soon.  We are hearing good things.  Join us in praying for that to happen!

Have a Merry Christmas!  Now that we have a new computer, I should be better about posting more often...

2 comments:

The Haley's said...

Welcome back!! Can't wait to watch your belly grow! Hopefully you'll continue to feel better:)

Erin said...

we need a picture of the retiled floor!