Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mustache March





April 1, 2009 marks the end of a another year of the hallowed tradition at Great Lakes Airlines simply known as Mustache March. Despite the resurgence of the trendy red carpet mustaches of Hollywood (I'm talkin' to you Pitt), this proud tradition was started several years ago with just a few pilots and a dream.

The rules are simple-shave on the last day of February, shave on the first day of April...bonus points for rockin' the aviator shades. Admittedly, during the first week we all look like a bunch of teenagers smuggling the remaining skins of the last peach crop under our noses, but after a few awkward days, the mustaches are in full bloom. Come with me now as we celebrate the diversity of the reason for the season that is Mustache March...


The majority of the month was consumed with the ultimate in high class...the full handle bars. With proper attire, I was commonly mistaken for a nightclub bouncer or a member of the hell's angels.






Here we can see that with a change of a shirt, head wear, and the addition of a ring of chew in the back pocket of my jeans, I am all set for a night of Budweiser and Toby Keith.





This is my tribute to the late F. Scott Fitzgerald, which I simply call "The Great Gatsby." This is a look that takes us all back to simpler times when the American Dream wasn't much more than motoring through the countryside on a quiet summer's eve.




With the end of every great event comes a time when recognitions need to be made. First off, I must thank my lovely wife Emily. For staying with me even through all the dirty glares that the mom's gave me as we walked past their children in the park. Secondly, to Mr. Tom Selleck proprietor of perhaps the worlds most famous mustache. And finally to Dave "Whisker Biscuit" McLaughry, the only Laker who celebrates Mustache March the whole year round. Here's to a much anticipated MM 2010!!














































1 comment:

Atherton Family Blog said...

I love it! I want one:) Though, I doubt i would be married if I grew the stash!

Josh