Saturday, March 28, 2009

Blizzard

This week we had the 2nd largest snow I have experienced since my move to Colorado in 2006. There was a blizzard warning on Thursday morning, but no snow had started to fall yet. I always get made fun of at work for staying home when it snows at all. So that day I decided to be a hero and go into the office. After being there for only three hours, Blake called me and said, "You really need to come home now". Thus began the scariest drive of my life. The roads were packed with snow and sand (which makes it less slippery but more bumpy). I couldn't see because it was snowing so hard and large trucks kept spraying chunks of ice on to my windshield. Each moment I was just bracing myself for another car to slide into mine. Needless to say, I have never been so glad to pull into my garage.

Once I got home, Blake and I were able to enjoy the beauty of a snow day. My office shut down so I didn't have to work from home. We baked cookies, watched movies, and laughed at Mac whenever he went outside. Even when we were only half way through the storm, it was too deep for Mac to get around. So he had to prance like a deer. (See video above.) Blake's family will love this because they already make fun of Mac for his prancing.

Yesterday we dug ourselves out and life is back to normal. (Besides the 18+ inches of snow waiting to melt on everyone's lawns.) We are ready to get away from the snow and into the spring. We're counting down to our trip to Costa Rica in only 2 1/2 weeks. No snow boots needed there!

Stay tuned for pictures from "Mustache March"...

No comments: