Saturday, December 14, 2013

Holiday Thoughts

My heart is full.  I'm joyful.  (And part of me having all this time for reflection is that Blake has had quite a bit of time off since Thanksgiving.  Otherwise, each day just goes on in a flurry of bottles, diapers, and time outs.  And joy?  I have to fight harder for it.  But I digress...)  A year ago I was very pregnant.  Little did I know that I was awaiting one long crazy night that would lead to Elin's birth the day after Christmas. 
 
Last night I went to a women's Christmas dinner at church.  As we were singing carols about anticipating our Savior's birth, I was a little overwhelmed.  This year I am celebrating Jesus and embracing God's grace that came in the form of a tiny baby.   I'm also celebrating my own little 5 lb. 14oz. miracle that came last year this time.  She has brought such a light of joy to our family.  At first I was frustrated FOR her that she was born at Christmas.  No one wants to get overshadowed by what many would say is the biggest holiday of the year.  However, my perspective is slowly changing.  I love that when I think of Elin's birthday, I am also reminded of Jesus and I am reminded of God's grace in blessing our family with her.
 
So - here's to Christmas!  And to Jesus. And to our beautiful Elin Grace.
 








No comments: