Thursday, February 28, 2013

February & Moving Forward

These days I have deep thoughts at 3am when I'm up feeding the baby.  I've actually composed blog posts in my head during this time that I planned to write out later.  As you can see, the posts have not been making their way to the computer.  One day I will write again.

February has been a good month.  Blake and I are each a year older now.  As of two days ago, I've entered my 30's! My 20's was an amazing decade (another post on that later), but I can't wait to see what the next 10 years bring. During this month I've remembered how humbling and terrifying it can be to be a mom to a tiny baby.  But I've also enjoyed watching my girls interact, and I love how Presley tries to "take care" of Elin.  Most of the time I'm thankful for her maternal instincts.  Other times, like when she tries to squirt saline in Elin's face, it can be a bit overwhelming.

We're taking things one day at a time.  Elin is sleeping slightly longer stretches at night. I'm starting to see the faint light at the end of our sleep-deprived tunnel.

Elin was 2 months old on the 26th.  Since I love comparison pictures, I'm including one of Presley when she was 2 months old too.  They are so similar looking!  I love my little fuzzy-headed girls.

Elin
10lbs. 14oz.
22 inches long
She's much more mellow and easy-going than Presley was as a baby.  She smiles a lot, especially at her daddy and sister.  We are so blessed to have her!
 

 
Presley

 
 


No comments: