Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Halloween Post

Wait.  Where are all the cute pictures of my child in her Halloween costume?  OH, that's right.  She refused to wear any of the 3 costumes we had for her.  (Fortunately, 2 were hand-me-downs and I only spend $5 on the other one.)

Presley did, however, insist on going Trick or Treating.  How do you take your kid out with no costume without appearing to be a terribly negligent and lazy parent?  Well, you slap a plastic fire hat on her head and call it good.

While she may not have bought into the whole costume thing, she did enjoy receiving large amounts of candy from our neighbors.  Presley dragged me to about 8 houses where she proceeded to chat all of the way to the person's front porch and then stare like a deer in headlights when someone came to the door.  She did not say "Trick or Treat".  She did not say "Thank you".  She did bury her little hand in each candy bowl and grab as much as she could manage to get into her plastic pumpkin bucket.

I know, you may be thinking that I had too high expectations for a 2 year old's Halloween.  But I know my daughter.  And I know that she is stubborn and NOT shy.  I believe she was playing me big time.  Her little brain was thinking, "Mommy does the work.  I get the candy!  Good plan."

Maybe next year will go better.  ...On to the REAL holiday season!

No comments: