So, what has Presley been up to lately? She is 2 years and almost 4 months old. She is so sharp and well-spoken. I tell Blake that I forget that she's so little sometimes and I probably expect too much of her. As with any 2 year old, there are some moments where I can't get enough of her and others where I've had enough. Overall, though, she is hilarious and energetic and a joy.
Man, 2 year olds are particular. She wants to close her sippy cups herself and she has to hear the "click". She insists on putting the keys in the ignition every time we get in the car. She won't wear blue jeans and hates to get her hair brushed. She loves to be chased around the first floor of our house while she squeals in delight. She just started taking showers some days and really loves it. She's growing up!
From the mouth of P...
"Mommy, oh no! We're stuck in the shoe garage!" (When we were standing in my closet with the door closed.)
She calls sweeping and mopping, "scooping". Every time I am cleaning, she says, "Mommy, I need to scoop too."
"Oh, sweet mommy." (And then she gives me a hug. That is my favorite!)
Me: "Geez, you are picky."
P: "No, I'm Presley!"
We went to get her haircut two weeks ago. She got almost 2 inches cut off! She loved posing for a picture to show off the braid, ribbon, and purple "sprinkles" that she got after they cut her hair.
This is Presley's "cheese" face. I'm trying to teach her the difference between this and an actual smile. :) Either way, she LOVES her rainboots and rain coat. She wears them any chance she gets and always gets compliments when we're out and about.
My mom came to visit last week. Presley enjoyed having her around. She and grandma cut flowers from our yard and made a pretty arrangement for our table. Blake and I both have brown thumbs, so Presley loves having my mom, the gardner, around to show her things in the yard.
No comments:
Post a Comment