Our church community is currently working through Compassion International to sponsor and help another church community in Negritos, Peru. Blake and I were so excited to "adpot" a little boy named Austim through the program. He just turned 5 in December. He will be getting a well-rounded education, food, support for his family, and a church family as a result of Compassion's presence in his community. We have a picture of him hanging on our fridge and Presley loves him! She can't completely say his name so she will point at the picture and say "Au-tey!" I told her that we will be praying a lot for Austim, so she always says "Pray, Au-tey!" She will even remind us to pray for him when we are blessing our food or when we are saying goodnight prayers. I find it both humbling and amazing that my 1 year old reminds me of my commitment to this little boy and somehow she knows it is important we pray.
I stole this picture off of Facebook, so I hope that no one at my church minds. But these are the 64 children that we've adopted. This wall makes me so happy.

No comments:
Post a Comment