Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Funny Mom Moment

The other night I was putting Presley to bed.  Her mattress is at the lowest level since she likes to run circles around her crib these days.  Therefore, it's a little difficult (but not impossible) to lay her down.  Right as I let go of her I caught a whiff of something unpleasant.  I feared the worst - a "I already put you to bed but now I have to get you back up because you pooped" diaper.  I had to confirm my suspicion.  I thought it would be easier to lean in than pull her out again., so I dove in head first.  Quickly realizing the crib was deeper than I thought, my nose was in her crotch and my feet were almost completely vertical in the air.  Realizing her diaper was actually clean and not wanting to join my daughter in the crib, I did a reverse move that shot me off the side of the crib and onto the floor.  Presley was laughing pretty hard at this point.  (Looks like she will enjoy Adam Sandler type comedy one day.)  I gained my composure, told her I loved her, and left the room.

Blake is just sad he didn't have a first row seat for that one.

No comments: