Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Zoo Trip

I have lived in Denver 5 years now and I've never made it to the zoo.  We went last weekend for my company picnic and took Presley.  We had visions of Presley loving it and not wanting to leave.  She squeals and throws up her arms when she sees dogs and rabbits in our neighborhood, so Blake and I thought she would explode from excitement seeing animals like elephants and giraffes in person. 

Yeah, not so much.  Presley was more excited to watch other kids in their strollers.  And she enjoyed running around tripping all adults in her path.  She did not enjoy riding in her stroller, and decided to throw her first public tantrum. (Yippee!  Where is the page in the baby book for that one?)  She was rather indifferent about the animals.  Oh well.  I'm glad we went, though!  We were able to meet up with some friends we hadn't seen in awhile and it was nice to catch up.  We'll probably wait until next summer before we try to the zoo again.  Due to all of the chasing we were doing, we didn't take a lot of pictures.  Here are the ones we did manage to snap...




No comments: