Anyways, it is hilarious to watch Mac run into a huge flock of geese. They all fly away in a huge group... squawking and flapping as they go. So, yesterday I got a good laugh watching him run in circles to make sure all of the birds were gone. Then, I watched as he chased the birds right over a ridge up to the pond. Then, he disappeared! I ran over to where he went and saw him pulling himself out of the water onto the rocks. Our stupid dog ran into the ICED OVER lake and fell through into the water. Oh - it could have been so much worse! Fortunately he was able to get out on his own. Unfortunately, I was left with a stinky, soaking wet pond water dog. That earned him a bath in the yard on a relatively cold day. Crazy dog... I guess I learned my lesson about letting him off leash.
PS - Our city tries to use these decoys to keep the geese from loitering in parks, on baseball fields, etc. I'm convinced the only reason they work is because the local geese know the fear of Mac - our black lab mix -that looks just like these fakes! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment