Monday, November 29, 2010

Making It Merry... with Christmas Cards!

I don't know how many of our readers know the story of how Blake and I met. However, we were set-up by mutual friends while still living on opposite sides of the country. Our relationship was initially built on daily, novel-length emails and constant photo sharing. This was before the days of smart phones and texting pictures (I know - things change quickly!), so we used Shutterfly to load pictures and share albums with eachother every day. If you know Blake's sense of humor, you can understand how he made even the most mundane photos funny. Ironing in a hotel room on one of his many trips? The picture was him riding the ironing board like a surfer on the hotel bed. I know, right? It was quite entertaining. If it weren't for those albums, we probably wouldn't be where we are today - Married...baby... you know, the good stuff. I still look back at those albums and laugh.

We still use Shutterfly to share pictures with family, order prints, and create gifts. This year we will be using them for Christmas cards for the first time! We have used other outlets for ordering cards in past years, but I have never been thrilled with the outcome. This year Shutterfly came out with all new designs and there are so many to choose from. I won't reveal the card we ended up choosing, but here are some of our favorites:


Here I love the contrast of color with black & white:



This one is simple and sweet:




Find these and SO many more at: http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/christmas-cards

There are also some other cool gift ideas to be made from your favorite photos from 2010. I'm tempted towards some of them myself. Check out the photo calendars or use photos for an invitation to your holiday party. Not to mention, fellow bloggers, that they are running a great deal for 50 free holiday cards! Find more info here: http://bit.ly/sfly2010

Merry Christmas to all and to all a fun, photo Christmas card.

1 comment:

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord! said...

Emily- we did the same thing and got our free Christmas cards too! They should be in the mail this week. We got 111.42 worth of cards for $0! Merry Christmas to us!