Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

I can't believe today is Labor Day!  That means I go back to work in 10 days.  That means Presley is almost 3 months old.  That means it is September and the most beautiful month of the year here in Colorado.

On Saturday, we spent the day up in Longmont visiting family.  It was somewhat chaotic and only our niece and one nephew are old enough to walk.  I can't imagine what it will be like when the other three catch up!  We grilled steaks, watched the sunset, and ate homemade ice cream.  It was a great way to wrap up summer.  Unfortunately, Mac was fed a few too many scraps of steak and ended up throwing up in our hall during the night.  A few hours later, I had the honor of stumbling through it on my way to feed Presley in the early hours of the morning.  Ah - what a pleasant beginning to the day.

Last night, Blake and I had our first night out since Presley was born.  We went to a wedding for a family friend.  It was held at a beautiful house out in the country in Longmont.  We had a great time seeing friends, eating deliciously catered Asian food, hamming it up in the photo booth, and listening to the Beatles cover band.  I will admit that we are pretty lame these days.  Sleep is high on our priority list, and we were one of the first people to leave.

Check out the background and the view!


The groom was from England, so the groom's cake was an English phone booth.  I was a dork, and I had to take a picture. 

Today we made several loaves of zucchini bread from the biggest zucchini I have ever seen in my life.  It was literally bigger than my child.  I wish we would have taken a comparison picture!

And, finally, a short Presley update.  I can't leave her out of the post!  Here is a picture of her sleeping in the bouncy seat today.  She is getting so big!  She is about 11lbs. now and 24 inches long.  It's a lot of fun since she smiles and "talks" a lot these days.   And look at her crazy hair!  We love it.


1 comment:

Erin said...

sorry about the dog barf. hopefully presley didn't throw up on you that day, too. she is getting so big! can't believe it's coming up on 3 months already!