Sunday, February 28, 2010

New Camera, New Job

I have been drooling over a new Canon digital SLR camera.  I thought I was still in the stages of having to convince Blake it was worth the money, but he surprised me when he gave it to me for my birthday!  I really enjoy photography, but I never use my film SLR camera anymore because unfortunately film has become all but obsolete.  I'm really excited to get back into taking photos on a regular basis.  Even though this camera will do it all for you, I really want to get familiar with the manual settings and do it myself when I can.  We took the first picture on the night of my birthday when we were celebrating with two giant pieces of cake from the Cheesecake Factory.  Yum!

In other exciting news, which probably should have come before the camera, Blake got a new position at Great Lakes!  He will be the Program Manager for the Beech aircraft.  Once he gets started, he will be focusing on the training and administrative side of things.  It will be a huge transition for him to be working out of an office and on a more "normal" schedule.  However, he will still be flying trips occasionally and that should keep him from experiencing any cockpit withdrawls.  Ultimately, he will be home more and that has us both very excited.  This month will be interesting as we figure out what this new position actually looks like played out in real life.  However, we know it's a blessing and we are thankful that God has opened this door.

Last, but not least, here is my 24 week pregnancy picture.  Our girl is growing like crazy in there and she likes to remind me of her presence at night by doing flips and kicking up a storm.  I'm not complaining!

2 comments:

Amber Williams said...

Happy Birthday, Em! Also please tell Blake congratulations...and congrats on your camera too;)

Stef said...

You are just too adorable! Also happy belated bday, and congrats to the hubs! :)