Friday, January 8, 2010

Blake's Week at Home

Blake left to go to work tonight after being in Denver for almost a week.  That was a huge blessing for us to have that much time together.  Well, mostly it was a blessing for me because he serves me so selflessly.  Thank God for husbands!  ...especially when you're pregnant and always tired.

Anyways, here is some of what went down at our house this week:
- Blake got his hair cut after growing it out to unprecedented lengths.  In fact, the night before he got it cut we had fun "styling" it.  He made it all stand up and then swooped his super long bangs.  He says, "Do I look Emo?"  Then he slicked it all back so that it was sticking out like a duck tail at the back... He says, "Does it look like I'm running really fast?"  I was dying to take pictures, but he wouldn't let me.  Regardless, I needed a good laugh and I got one that night.

- We finally took down our Christmas decorations!  Everything was covered in dust since we did the tile project last month.  That was a lot of fun, let me tell ya.  Our house is finally returning to normal.

- We went out to eat together for the first time since I've been pregnant.  I have been so sick that restaurants and their smells were something I have been avoiding.  However, I had a night where I actually felt good enough to go out.  Granted, I ate half a meal and then felt a little rough the rest of the night.  But it was so nice to have a night out instead of in PJs on the couch.

- One morning, before I left for work, I left a note on the milk that said, "I think this smells funny".  I didn't want Blake to unwittingly drink bad milk when he woke up!   Well, he found this note hilarious.  In fact, he didn't want it to go to waste.  So, he cut it out and placed it on one of our wedding pictures that I have displayed on the mantel.  In the photo, our faces are pressed together and we're dancing.  He posted the note so that it looked like he was saying " I think this smells funny".   Ha, ha.  Jokes on me, I guess.

- Last, but not least- I had my 17 wk prenatal appointment today.  Blake was able to go with me.  We heard the heartbeat.  It was strong and averaging in the 150's for bpm.   We scheduled our big ultrasound - when we find out the baby's gender -  for February 1st.  We're so anxious to know that he/she is growing healthy and strong. 

1 comment:

Nicole said...

awwww, how nice that he was home and could go to the appt with you. I used to date a pilot for 3 years so I know EXACTLY how chaotic being the sig. other of a pilot can be!