Friday, September 11, 2009

Carolina on my Mind

I went home to South Carolina over Labor Day weekend. It was a wonderful time of seeing friends and family. However, it was also frustrating because I wanted to be three places at once! Part of the weekend was spent at Lake Murray with some of my closest girlfriends from high school. We laid on the dock, ate junkfood, chatted up a storm, and laughed - A LOT. One of my friends had a video camera and caught many ridiculous moments. Is it narcissistic that we repeatedly watched videos of ourselves and laughed until we cried? If so, then we're as vain as they come. Also, another friend is about to have her first baby in November. We "showered" her with green & yellow gifts since they have decided not to find out the baby's gender. Poor girl - we bug her a lot about that decision... mostly because of our undying curiosity.


The rest of the weekend was spent with my family. I was able to stay with my mom in her newly renovated "bungalow" in Cayce. She has done a wonderful job fixing up her little place and it is perfect for her. My entire extended family came over for dinner on Sunday night. As always, we ate a lot and shared stories to see who we could embarass most. My mom told about how I threw a fit in Macy's while she was pregnant with my brother. Apparently I hid in a clothes rack while she sat in the carpet department and cried. Ah - good times.


The next day I headed up to North Carolina to visit my dad, step-mom, and their 3 furbabies. Their new dog reminds me so much of Mac. He is a border collie-lab mix. We hiked and drove around Lake Lanier. I also appreciated a wonderful home-cooked meal. Those are few and far between in my world. (That is - until Blake steps in. :) ) Overall, it was a wonderful trip and it went by too quickly! I'm looking forward to going back for a full 10 days over Thanksgiving. And next time, hopefully Blake will be able to go with me!

No comments: