Friday, July 3, 2009

I Think I'll Go to Boston...

Last week I went to Boston for a business trip. I have never been there, so it was cool to be able to see the city and take in a little Boston "culture". Here are some things I learned:

- Liquor stores are called "package stores". So if you want to go pick up some things for a party then you "go pick up a package". Are they in drinking denial?

-Road rage is pretty much required as a Boston resident. Also, it is legal to ride in the breakdown lane on the side of the road during rush hour. That certainly makes things interesting.

-Never second guess your car's navigation system. Why did I feel like I knew better? I ended up taking the long way to the hotel AND I had to pay an extra $7 in tolls. Nice.

-If you want to feel really touristy, go eat dinner at the "Cheer's" bar. There are TWO gift shops before you even get to where you sit down to eat. However, the food is pretty good.

-Apparently an important part of Chinatown is a huge McDonald's. I thought that was pretty American. But I guess if you put the window advertisements in Chinese then it becomes an important Chinese staple.

Overall, it was a beautiful city. I'd like to go back when it's not rainy so that I could walk around and see more. Next week I'm headed to California. Blake actually has an overnight for work in the same city when I'm there! That is a huge blessing. So we'll get to hang out for a night when we otherwise would have gone a week without seeing eachother.

No comments: