Wednesday, June 10, 2009

More Adventures...

...In Sunday School:

(during lesson taps me on shoulder)
Girl: You know what's funny?
Me: (trying to be discreet) What?
Girl: My dad is so smelly.
Me: (stifling laugh) What?
Girl: (very serious) My dad is so smelly and he never takes a shower.
__________________
Girl: Guess what.
Me: What?
Girl: One day I'm going to move to Washington D.C.
Me: Why do you want to go there?
Girl: Because I've never been there! And I want to meet Bark Obama.

________________
...In Life:
Ok, so we haven't had many "adventures" lately, but I figure I should post an update. Blake is based in St. Louis this month, so he is getting a great taste of the midwest. We're continuing to hear good news about Frontier. We're praying that they call back sooner than later! I'll be traveling for work this summer too. I'm headed to Boston this month and L.A. in July.

Denver has been more like Seattle lately. It has been raining almost everyday and it hasn't gotten any warmer than about 75 degrees. We've also had tornadoes all over the place! One was spotted less than a mile from our house last night. Too close for comfort, if you ask me.
Mac didn't get a walk yesterday because of the crazy storms so I was determined to get him him out today. I got home from work and a storm was coming, but we ran outside trying to squeeze in a walk. We got rained on... it thundered... and I felt like a very committed pet owner. Then the sun came out an hour after we got back. Geez...

3 comments:

Erin said...

tornados? what???? that's craziness.

Delaine said...

I cant believe you havent told me about the tornadoes!

Emily said...

Ha, Ha. I just saw these comments. D- I didn't tell you about the tornadoes because I didn't want you losing sleep for me. :)