I was able to go to South Carolina for 5 days over President's Day weekend. I had no idea how much I missed home until I got there. I was able to see all of my family and friends. The days flew by too quickly. Granny made me chocolate cake AND peach cobbler during my short stay. Needless to say, I ate a lot of dessert. I was able to go hiking with Tyler and my dad in North Carolina. These are the photos below. It was really hard to leave, but I had my Blake & Mac waiting for me back in Colorado and I can't live without my favorite boys.

I had another interesting cooking experiment for Blake's birthday which included french toast and bacon. Easy, you say? Well, not if you've never made either before. Good thing Blake is such a good sport. He doesn't turn down extra crispy bacon. He had a lot more success with his birthday dinner for me. He made chile rellenos from scratch using chicken instead of tortillas and baking instead of frying. They were delicious! Our future children will be glad that one of us can cook.

This past week has been preparing for Luke's wedding! He & Shannon are getting married on Saturday, March 7th. We're really excited. Last weekend was Shannon's bachelorette party and we had a lot of fun in downtown Denver. We even stumbled across a bar that was giving free drinks to anyone named Emily! Too bad I'm a light-weight.


1 comment:
your husband should put out a cookbook!
Post a Comment