Thursday, January 29, 2009

Let's Try This Again

I started this blog about a year ago and then immediately proceeded to forget about its existence. However, lately it has occurred to me that I really enjoy reading stories from the lives of others on their blogs. So, maybe people will actually be interested to hear about our adventures as well.
Blake is about to go back to work after being on furlough for about 5 months. He has had many great accomplishments during his time off, such as installing light fixtures and refinishing the deck. However, I would say that his greatest achievement was the growing out of his hair. Despite the incessant heckling from his dad and brothers, he persevered to the point where he actually had to use a hair dryer. And I must say that it also enhanced his costume at Halloween when he dressed up as Pauly Bleaker from Juno. Here is a picture for those that have not had the privilege of seeing him in person.


I am still enjoying my life as a payroll princess. Thanks to my job we were able to travel to San Fransisco and Disney World this year. I'm working from home on Fridays and afternoons of some other days. I never want to make the 45 minute drive into work when it has snowed. Therefore, my coworkers constantly make fun of me and rag on my southern heritage. I try to explain that the world is supposed to stop for a 1/2 inch of snow. But for some reason all they do is laugh?

And lastly, I will leave you with a picture of our ridiculously spoiled dog - Mac. For Christmas he received a stuffed hedgehog as a gift from my dad. Mac thought he won the lottery.


There is more to come as life unfolds...





















1 comment:

Atherton Family Blog said...

Lookin good Emily and Blake! What is this about long hair??? I added your blog to my list. How awesome!

Josh