Sunday, February 10, 2008

"She lost all track of time and burned the cake"



Tomorrow is Blake's birthday. He was on the road today, so I decided to be a good wife and bake him a birthday cake. While it was in the oven, all I could think about was the Brad Paisley song that talks about his wife burning his birthday cake and setting off the fire alarm. So, when I pulled the layers from the oven in all their golden goodness, I thought I was set.




However, it all fell apart when I tried to remove the cake from the pan. One layer broke in half. Then it turns out the bottom layer was bigger than the top. I tried to write "Happy Birthday" in icing and that didn't go well either. All of the sudden it would spurt out blobs in the middle of a letter.

All of that to say - I might as well have hired a four year-old to make it and it probably would have turned out better! Here are the pictures. I hope Blake laughs when he see it and does not cry out of remorse for having married someone so deficient in the kitchen.



1 comment:

Rachel said...

yeah!! welcome to the blogger land! it is great and a lot better than facebook! I look forward to reading more about your new world! love you. Happy Birthday Blake!