Sunday, July 6, 2014

Dusting Off the Keyboard

Remember that time I didn't write on our blog for 7 months?  Oh yeah, it just happened.  But I have a good excuse!  Or excuses...  I just re-read my last post and it's fun to see how things have changed since that time.  Some things have happened differently than we thought, but ultimately we are so happy with where we are and excited about what God has next.

It started when we began looking for a new house.  We quickly became absorbed in real estate and constantly looking at what was available.  We realized that we would need to have a contract on our house before we could put an offer an anything new. So, February & March were spent fixing up our old house.  We put it on the house Easter weekend and sold it in 1 day!  We found a new place the next week and were set to close on both in mid-June.  May and June passed in a frenzy of repairs, packing, cleaning, unpacking, etc. etc.  And now we are here in Thornton!  Will post pictures of the new digs soon!

Blake has moved up over 100 spots in seniority since January!  After 6 long years of paying his dues, he is finally holding a schedule and has more control over when he works.  We are SO thankful.

In April I started working part-time at our church.  I'm able to be involved in ministry and get PAID for it.  There are some challenging aspects to it, but overall it has been wonderful.  I genuinely look forward to going to work and it has been great.

We went to South Carolina at the beginning of May.  I was so thankful to see family and friends.  I had an AMAZING 2 days with my best friends from high school.  I love that we can always just pick up where we left off and nothing seems to have changed.



Presley just turned 4 years old a couple of weeks ago.  We had a fun party at a local park - there was a splash pad, huge playground, and a carousel.  It was fun to have a celebration after we have been working so hard for so long with moving stuff.








No comments: