Monday, July 1, 2013

Elin ~ Six Months Old

 
Elin just turned 6 months old!  I can't believe it.   I will be honest and say that the first few months of her life were hard.  Blake had to work a lot, days and nights ran together, the weather was too cold to go outside, and I was struggling with some postpartum issues.  However, I feel like we started to hit our stride in April and time has been flying by since then!

 
Elin is such a joy. Everyone that meets her says, "She is just such a happy baby." And it's true!  She has just started rolling around and really playing with toys.  Blake's mom says that she smiles with her whole body.  I think that's a great description of how she wiggles and shakes when she is excited or happy to see you.
 
I love that I can see the beginning of Presley & Elin's relationship as sisters beginning to form. Presley enjoys making her laugh.  Yesterday Elin was crying in her crib.  I couldn't get to her right away because I was on a phone call.  Presley was concerned, so she went upstairs and got in Elin's crib to comfort her.  She made sure that Elin had her favorite "lovey" and talked to her until I could get there.  What a great big sister!
 
Over the last couple months we have made big strides with moving her to her crib and weaning her off the swaddle.  Next big step - starting to eat food!  We gave Elin carrots the other day, and you can tell from the video below that she was not a fan.  And just for fun, I'm putting in the video of the first time we gave Presley food too.  Can you tell that they are sisters or what?!
 




No comments: