Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Good Week

The day after the last post, I realized that I could start to embrace the happier potty training images I had seen the day before.  Things started to "click" with Presley and we only went through 3 pairs of underwear that day.  That's right, single digit - 3.  Since then, she has only had 1 or 2 minor accidents.  She is killing this using the potty thing and I am so proud.  Yes, it is exhausting trucking to the bathroom (especially in public places) every time she gets the notion she might need to go.  And, yes, she gives us a lot of false alarms.  But she's doing it!  While we are still using pull-ups while she sleeps, we haven't changed a diaper in almost 2 weeks and it is amazing.  I'm going to enjoy the next 4 months before we're slinging Pampers again.

The last week of August was awesome because Blake wasn't called to work once!  I wasn't going to write a blog post, because I did not take one picture of the fun things we did.  Pictures make posts more fun.  But at the request of a loyal reader, I will share something for the enquiring minds that want to know.

Two mornings we went on long walks with the dog.  One of those days we hit Coal Creek Trail near our old house that is largely wooded and has a creek running alongside it.  Presley kept saying we were on an "adventure in the jungle".  Hilarious!  Here's a pic of the trail I found online. 



We also went to Longmont one day and spent the morning at the park with Presley's cousins and some other friends of Blake's family that we don't see often.  That afternoon Presley got filthy playing at Blake's parent's farm - jumping on the trampoline, throwing rocks in the water ditch, and riding around on the Gator.  She was in heaven.  That week also included a trip to the swimming pool and a morning at the mall with friends.  I finally got to check out the new H&M!  I look forward to shopping there once I'm not wearing a basketball under my shirt anymore.  :)

September is crazy busy and has lots of promise for fun.  I'll try to be better about taking pictures!

No comments: