Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tis the Season

And here we are again at the most joyous time of year.  Christmas time?  You may ask.  However, no.  I am referring to the season where Canadian Geese migrate to Denver from across the globe to take over our parks and open spaces, i.e. leave piles of poo everywhere.  I'm sure there is a biological reason they come here, but after 5 years of witnessing the event, I'm starting to believe it is actually an evil plan put together by someone to make Denver residents want to live elsewhere.

Every year we seem to have an "incident" with these animals.  Here are the links to the past years:

The One Where Mac Jumped in an Icy Lake

The One Where Mac Terrifies the Geese

Today we had another blessed event where Presley had her first goose run-in.  I took her to the park where she was peacefully watching ducks and geese at the pond.  I looked away for one minute (every parent says this, right?)... I look back and she is walking towards me looking at her hand and saying, "Yucky!" over and over again.  I peer closer and realize her hand is green - yes, COVERED in goose poo.  I try to control my gag reflex while I frantically search my purse for something to clean her with.  After attacking her hand with some kleenex and antibaterial gel, I declare it is time to leave.  She wasn't too happy.  As I was carrying to her car kicking and screaming, I remembered once again how much I hate these animals.  Maybe someone should tell them about Nebraska.  And maybe they'll go there next year.

No comments: