Wednesday, October 19, 2011

New Words... New Lifestyle!

Just this week Presley has started saying several new words.  I know that this is one of those gratuitous parental pride posts.  Every kid learns to talk and I realize that it doesn't make her a genius.  However - It's really fun to hear her figure out how to communicate.  Humor me.

She is saying...
Up
Down
Cheese (said in reference to food and posing for the camera)
Ball
Book
Bath
Boo (After hiding behind her hands and removing them.)
No (We are THRILLED that she is mastering this one.)
Sarcasm (No - she's not saying this... but it's the definition of my comment above.)
Puppy
Baby
Dora (Do I need a disclaimer?  She learned this word from her Dora book.  While she has seen a couple episodes we do not have a TV addict on our hands.)

I can't think of any more right now, but she is constantly repeating things we say too.  That's a little scary!  She understands so much.  I find myself really having to watch what I say.  And, in case anyone is wondering, staying at home is pretty amazing so far.  Presley was sick earlier this week and we had two nights of almost no sleep.  It was stressful, but only half as much as it would have been last month when I had to go to work.  I have my bored moments.  I have my "I'm not cut out for this" moments.  But overall I have a sense of peace and thankfulness. 

Also, MOPS is a huge cliche and I believe a sitcom could be written off of it.  However I joined, I enjoyed it, and I will be going back!

Here are a couple recent pictures...





1 comment:

Rachel said...

She is so pretty!!