Monday, November 15, 2010

First Snow & Colds All Around

We skipped fall in Denver this year and jumped straight to winter!  It was only two weeks ago that every other day hit 75 degrees.  Now we've seen snow three times in the last week.  I wish I could say I have enjoyed the white stuff.  Oh how things change in 4 years of leaving away from the south!  My first year here, I was enamored with snow.  I was also shocked that the world didn't stop for a few flakes and a white covering on the ground.  Now I cringe when I walk out the door and see snow falling.  That means slick roads, a longer commute, and wearing snow friendly (read: ugly) shoes.

It is pretty, though.  And I hope to get a more significant amount during the holidays so we can sit around the fire and actually enjoy it!  Snow on Christmas is one of my favorite things about living in Colorado.



Unfortunately, along with the colder weather came Presley's first cold.  It has been so hard to watch our little girl struggle with congestion and coughing!  A few days after Presley got sick, Blake followed... and then me a couple days later.  It has been a rough week of coughing, sneezing, and sore throats around here.  We are looking forward to putting these sick days behind us.

I love this time of year, though.  I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week.  We are looking forward to celebrating the holiday with Presley for the first time.

No comments: