Sunday, March 14, 2010

New Mexico Adventure

Our Mission: To retrieve the beloved Pathfinder from Farmington, New Mexico where it had been left while Blake was based there for work. 

Here is my favorite picture from the trip.  Ha, ha!


Friday Night:
The Plan - Blake and I would jump on a 6:15pm flight to Farmington.  By 8pm we would be settled into the hotel to relax for the evening.

The Reality: The 6:15pm flight only had room for one person.  We made a quick decision for Blake to go and me to stay.  I was bummed that Blake was going to have to drive by himself and I was perplexed because we had been dropped off at the airport.  I had no way to get home.  The gate agent must have felt sorry for the pregnant girl looking lost at the gate, because she came over and suggested that I take a later flight to Cortez.  Taking that flight would get me 1 hour away from where I need to go, but it didn't leave for 3 more hours.  (sigh)  I waited at the airport for my flight while Blake went to check into our hotel in New Mexico.  I told him that I made the reservation at the Hampton Inn.  He went there and they said they had no reservation for us.  He called me to let me know and the following conversation took place:
B: Hey, they said there is no record of a reservation for us.
E:  Of course, we have a reservation!  I called yesterday.  There is a confirmation in my email.  Blah, blah.   B: Ok, let me ask again. (talks to the guy)  Nope, nothing.
E: This is ridiculous.  See if you can use a computer and print our confirmation.
B: Ok.  (pause while he accesses my email) ...Uh, honey, this email says Holiday Inn, not Hampton Inn.
E: Oh.
B: (sigh)  Let me figure out where that is and I bet THEY will have our reservation.
E: Uh, yeah.  Sorry.  (Pregnancy Brain?!)

My flight did not get to Cortez until 10:30 and then we had to drive an hour back to the hotel.  We were both exhausted and frustrated that we wouldn't get much rest before driving all day the next day.

Saturday: Everything went pretty much as planned on the way back to Denver.  It was a LONG 9 hours in the car for someone who has to pee pretty much constantly.  However, we managed to have some good laughs, eat a bunch of junk food (which I am paying for today), and stop by the Great Sand Dunes National Park.  Here are some pictures from along the ride. 




1 comment:

Amber said...

I hope you ate some delicious Lotta Burger!!! I miss NM :(