Sunday, January 24, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mikaela!

Today is our niece's 2nd birthday.  It is true that time flies!  Her latest trick is knocking on the door when someone is in the bathroom and yelling, "1 or 2? 1 or 2?"  Then she runs away.  I am pretty sure she has no idea what she is asking, but it's pretty hysterical. 

I was really bummed not to be able to make it to her birthday party.   Morning sickness came back with a vengence today and I was too ill to leave the house this morning.  Of course!  The one day I actually had something to do.  Anyways, Blake went and represented our crew.  He brought me home a huge chunk of birthday cake.  Now that I'm feeling better, I can't wait to get into that chocolatey iced deliciousness!! (Thanks for sharing, Ry & Bri. :) ) Here is a picture of Mikaela and the castle that Ryan built her for her birthday.  Pretty awesome, huh?  She is one lucky girl.


Blake and Mason!  That little man is getting chubby!



And on another note, Blake and I sucked it up and took Mac to a dog grooming place to use the self-service wash this week.  (Yes - they have these!  Just like a car wash... but for dogs.)  It is so hard to get Mac washed in the winter because it's too cold outside.  And we can't wash him in the house.  (I learned that the hard way two years ago.)  The grooming place we use is also a gourmet doggie treat bakery.  (Yes, this exists too.)  All of the treats are so yummy looking.  If they weren't in the shape of bones, etc. then you could easily be tricked.  See what I mean?!  We had to get him one for cooperating while being hosed down.

Anyways, we got him washed and brought him home.  Blake took a picture as I brushed him.  Mac loves to be brushed!  As you can see from the picture below.  He collapsed in my lap and it was all over. 
We might be having a baby in June, but Mac will always be our first.  :)


No comments: